Spam iCloud Calendar Invitations
Today I received a spam calendar invite on my iCloud account. Had this been at work (on Outlook) I’d have just declined without sending a response. But this is iCloud and it plays by different rules! Surprisingly, it appears that there is no way on iOS or macOS to delete a calendar invitation without informing the originator:
Why there is no way to simply delete an invite without a response is beyond me. It presents a security risk in that by responding you are confirming that your email address is real and in use.
It’s certainly one for @AppleSupport:
- Create a new iCloud calendar (not “On My Mac”).
- Move the spam event to the new iCloud calendar.
- Delete the new iCloud calendar.
- Calendar will now prompt you with “Delete and Don’t Notify” and “Delete and Notify”.
- Select “Delete and Don’t Notify”.